Friday 30 November 2012

Rainbow Cake!!

Rainbow Cake!! 

This was the cake i made for my mums 45th birthday! This doesn't really seem like a 45th birthday cake but i wanted to make it colourful and exciting and seeing though we were going to morning tea at my aunty's with all my little cousins this seemed appropriate. As i am gluten free i wanted to make the cake so i could eat it of course! I just substituted in gluten free flour for usual wheat flour when making the cake. I made 6 separate cakes in all the colours of the rainbow. Unfortunately the yellow cake sunk in the middle for unknown reasons and was too small so go on the cake so i left that out. My mums favourite colour is pink and i didnt have a pink cake so that was the colour of the icing under the fondant. Vanilla is my favourite flavour and i hope that other love it as much as me of both the cake and frosting was vanilla! The fondant was tricky because the cake was so high i was worried it would crack and as one of many i dont eat or like the taste of the fondant so i didnt want it to be really thick. But i made it work and here are the photos:









No comments:

Post a Comment