Tuesday 22 January 2013

Vegan & Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes!

Vegan & Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes!

I'm not usually a fan of vegan baking because i feel the butter in making just makes it and it is rally hard to replace that with something and make it taste the same. Now that i am not only gluten but also dairy free I've decided to give vegan baking a go and make it my new thing for 2013. 

These vanilla cupcakes were the first vegan thing i have ever made. I wasn't too sure how they were going to turn out just because i had never made any baking without dairy (butter and milk) and eggs! I was pleasantly surprised though! The cupcake part was really fluffy and a lot better than i was expecting. Because of my gluten intolerance they had a wheat free baking mix not usual wheat flour and that never tastes the same but again seemed pretty nice to me! The recipe did say to use vanilla flavoured soy, rice or almond milk however i only had plain soy milk, so with a stronger vanilla flavour i think it would have been more tasty just because i LOVE vanilla! The icing again was still really fluffy and nice! I used the dairy free spread 'Olivani' which worked well instead of butter. Enjoy the photo...












No comments:

Post a Comment