Tuesday 26 March 2013

Ombre Chocolate Cake!!

Ombre Chocolate Cake!!

I made this for the my maths double on Monday!! What is better than a celebration chocolate cake in the middle of two back to back maths classes!!

This is a very fast and easy way to make a cake look that much better! It does take a few extra bowls for colouring the icing but apart from that its very easy to do and looks very pretty!

I love my turntable which make this a lot easier! I wish i had taken photo of each steps but didn't think so here goes my explanation..
First of all I got the orange and cover the bottom half of the side with the icing. I then did the same with the white on the top half. Then i got more orange and filled in the gaps. At this stage it was looking very messy!!
Secondly I got the pink and did the top. Again i took the white and made the top of the edges covered.
Still looking a complete mess but nearly there... I warmed my knife with hot water and ran it along the side. Being very gentle and blending them together and smoothing out the icing and the same on the top. What is the perfect way to finish a cake but with sprinkles!!. Its important that you don't over work it so you get the cool ombre look! Meant to look messy!

Didnt take to many photo but here are a few from school...








No comments:

Post a Comment